Seller's Comments and Description:
We are living in times where our doctors and healthcare workers are under tremendous stress.
The question is, is there a way forward if we sit in the middle of a Covid-19 pandemic? Our hospitals are full, facilities are lacking and the risk of contamination is extremely high.
However, many of our elderly people will remember the good old days of doctors on house call. They used to come to your home to provide most of the required medical care. Can we learn from it, should we change the way we look at things today?
What about the following options:
- Create “doctors on call” and “Health Care Workers on call" groups for specific areas.
- Let all patients who suspect that they might be Covid Positive stay home and use the on call support teams for tests, diagnosis, check-ups etc.
- If someone test positive let him or her receive medical services at home.
- Install respiratory and oxygen machines etc at the homes of the ill as needed to be removed as soon as it is not required anymore.
- Request family members to provide day-care support where they can, especially in situations where the ill are staying all by themselves.
- Accept patients at hospitals only when steps 1-5 were properly followed and no other solution can resolve the medical condition of the patient.
Let us change things for the better to protect our near and dear. It is possible.
We noticed on Google there is, since twenty years ago, a Doctors on Call helpline at 011 788 2222 and www.doctorsoncall.co.za - Try them and ask government and the medical profession to consider the above option.
Take Care and Stay Safe.